AetherSX2 emulator for iOS
AetherSX2 PS2 is an attempt at creating a Play Station 2 emulator for iOS devices (iPhone and iPad).
This project is a portable Play Station 2 emulator.
The focus of the project is on making Play Station 2 emulation easy and accessible on smartphone and tablet.
Just pop in your favorite game’s disc and have fun!
AetherSX2 is an excellent PS2 emulator for iOS that lets you enjoy hundreds and hundreds of video games, many of which are classics, anytime and anywhere.
Often, you will also even be able to improve the picture quality of the original games, and all of this on your iPhone or iPad devices.
This app implement the following features:
- System simulation
- OpenGL, Vulkan and Software rendering
- Upscaling of games to 1080p and beyond
- Widescreen patches for games without native support
- Save states
- Touchscreen and bluetooth controller support
- Games can be loaded from iso/chd/cso disc images
- Per game settings
It’s important to keep in mind that, for AetherSX2 to work, you need a picture of the PS2 BIOS.
This is a must. Ideally, to get the BIOS, you should extract it directly from your own console using an appropriate program.
But, there are, of course, simpler ways of doing this which you can discover on the Internet.
AetherSX2 Emulator should only be used to play games you own and have dumped from disc yourself.
To dump your games, you can use a tool such as ImgBurn to create a .iso for the disc, and then copy across it to your device over USB.
AetherSX2 uses third-party code, you can view the licenses for this code by selecting “Third-Party Notices” in the navigation menu of the app (swipe out from the left).
You need a high end device to achieve good performance.
We recommend at least a iPhone 7 or equivalent ipad.
- Device: iPhone 7+ (or equivalent iPad)
- OS: iOS 8 (or higher)
- Jailbreak: not required
- Storage: 32 MB minimum
PS2 BIOS is not required. Play! is an high-level emulator.
It has an easy configuration. No need custom settings to fix specific games.
- Resync with upstream
- Fix invalid texture binding in some games (e.g. GT4)
- Fix VU0->VU1 register access in MTVU mode (Primal, Castlevania: LOI)
- Fix possible texture corruption in Vulkan when readbacks are enabled (DMC status bar)
- Add ability to bind accelerometer/gyro to guest gamepads
- Add affinity control modes
- Fix unreliable vsync option
- AetherSX2 emulator for iOS: aethersx2-latest.ipa
This software is also available on the following devices:
- Download AltServer on your computer:
- Install AltStore to your iPhone (or iPad)
- Launch AltStore to begin downloading apps
- Leave AltServer running, and AltStore will do the rest