Cemu emulator for Mac OS
Cemu emulator is a experimental software to emulate Wii U applications on Mac OS device.
It is written in C++ with portability in mind, with builds actively maintained for Mac desktop.
At this point Cemu can already be considered highly optimized and possible future optimizations will only arrive in small and incremental steps.
Cemu supports most online features. In order to connect to official servers some system files must be dumped from a Wii U.
Currently the DRC (GamePad), Pro Controller and Classic Controller is emulated.
Wiimotes are emulated as well (including native support).
Keyboard input + USB controllers as input devices are supported.
GamePad touch input can be controlled via left mouse click.
Gyro functionality is emulated with limitations and can be controlled via right mouse button.
- Nintendo Wii U is a trademark of Nintendo Co., Ltd
- Mac is a trademark of Apple LLC
Keep in mind that emulation always comes with overhead and requires a higher performance system than the emulated system.
- CPU: quad-core 2.0+ GHz
- RAM: 4 GB minimim (8 GB recommended)
- OS: OS X – 10.14 (or above)
- Storage: 32 MB minimum
For Cemu, the single core performance of your CPU (and by extension RAM speed) is the most important factor for fullspeed emulation.
- Software decoder for H264 videos
- Fixed graphic pack file replacement
- Fixed download manager “Invalid TMD” error
- Fixed motion for SDL controller API
- Various smaller improvements
- Download manager now supports DLC downloading
- Stability and compatibility improvements
- Faster pipeline cache loading
- Improved support for Skylanders USB portals
- More accurate Wii U system fonts (using Cemuhook’s shared fonts)
- Bug fixes & many smaller improvements
- Added SDL2 GamePad as a new input API (supports DS4, DS5, Switch Pro Controller, Joy Cons & more natively without external software)
- Cemu emulator for Mac OS: cemu-latest.dmg
This software is also available on the following devices:
- Download .dmg file
- Click on the file to start installation
- Click on setup icon
- Click Open to proceed with the installation
- Select the destination folder
- Run the application