Drastic DS emulator for iOS
Drastic DS is an open-source NDS emulator compatible with iOS devices (iPhone and iPad).
It is the most accurate Nintendo DS emulator and is actively developed by the Exophase Team.
It can be run from the command line directly or as a graphical program.
The regular version now allows for increasing internal resolution.
DraStic DS is a fast emulator for iOS that emulates a popular 2004 handheld console with two screens, the Nintendo DS.
In addition to being able to play its games full speed on many iPhone and iPad devices it has the following features:
- Enhance the game’s 3D graphics to 2 by 2 times their original resolution (this optional feature works best on high end quad core devices)
- Customize the placement and size of the screens, for portrait and landscape modes
- Fully supports add-on controllers and physical controls
- Save and resume your progress anywhere with save states
- Tweak your gaming experience with a database of thousands of game enhancement codes
- Increase emulation speed with fast-forward
Several features aren’t supported by Drastic DS and aren’t parts of its future as per the emulator’s current design philosophy.
A Drastic DS fork with online multiplayer, which includes functional code that made it to official version before being removed, is available and has been improved to allow for limited dumping of online data prior to the server shutdown.
As well as a version allowing for using online play for a select few games and downloading DLC data from alternative servers with the backed-up data.
- Nintendo DS is a trademark of Nintendo Co., Ltd
- iOS is a trademark of Apple Inc.
Our recommended specifications don’t guarantee perfect performance in most games, but rather strive to provide a cost effective recommendation while still considering performance.
- Device: iPhone 8+ (or equivalent iPad)
- RAM: N.D.
- OS: iOS 9 (or higher)
- Storage: 32 MB minimum
After the increased internal resolutions were implemented in the X432 fork, as well as in DraStic and even the barebones official Nintendo Virtual Console DS emulator on Wii U, the mainline Drastic DS project developers decided to reconsider and include their own implementation for higher internal resolution.
Official dev builds now have the option to render at a higher resolution as well, and filter textures to boot.
Overall, it’s more hardware intensive than X432R’s implementation.
In this version, they have focused on the Cocoa frontend, but there have been some good core fixes over so long.
Notably, the save-related issues resulting in the advice “dont use old version″ have been resolved.
- Drastic DS emulator for iOS: drastic-latest.ipa
This software is also available on the following devices:
- Download AltServer on your computer:
- Install AltStore to your iPhone (or iPad)
- Launch AltStore to begin downloading apps
- Leave AltServer running, and AltStore will do the rest