EmuThreeDS emulator for iOS
EmuThreeDS is a work-in-progress Nintendo 3DS emulator compatible with iOS devices (iPhone and iPad).
EmuThreeDS can currently emulate, with varying degrees of success, a wide variety of different 3DS homebrew applications and commercial games.
EmuThreeDS has an active team of open-source developers.
Over 150 people have worked hard on the project since its founding.
All Pokémon games now work properly. Pokémon X/Y now runs properly with HLE audio as well as LLE audio.
EmuThreeDS can, ostensibly, “play” many different games now and more will become playable as development progress further.
Some games/apps, however, will not load at all – only showing a black screen.
Others, might only show the title screen and then freeze or crash.
EmuThreeDS supports networked local WiFi, but does not support connecting to Nintendo’s servers.
EmuThreeDS is not affiliated with Nintendo in any way.
- Nintendo 3DS is a trademark of Nintendo Co., Ltd
- iOS is a trademark of Apple Inc.
EmuThreeDS is an open-source project, licensed under the GPLv2 (or any later version).
This app does not natively run dumps of games that have not been decrypted properly (unless you have dumped your own system keys).
This requires a physical 3DS and the game you own.
- Device: iPhone 8+ (or equivalent iPad)
- RAM: N.D.
- OS: iOS 9 (or higher)
- Storage: 32 MB minimum
Note that many games also require certain files to be dumped from a 3DS console.
You can expect many games to run slowly, though and to exhibit some gameplay and graphical glitches.
- Compatibility with hundreds of games
- Enhanced graphics, such as resolution scaling and texture filtering (these optional features work best on iPhone 10+)
- Support for external gamepads
- Support for various built-in features, such as the camera, microphone, and motion controls
- EmuThreeDS emulator for iOS: emuthreeds-latest.ipa
- Download AltServer on your computer:
- Install AltStore to your iPhone (or iPad)
- Launch AltStore to begin downloading apps
- Leave AltServer running, and AltStore will do the rest