GPCS4 emulator for Mac
GPCS4 is an virtualization-based PS4 emulator and debugger project written in C# for PC compatible with Mac OS.
It uses OpenGL, Vulkan and DirectX as its back-end API renderers and runs most of the PS4 exclusives on high-end machines.
First correct image rendered, although this is a 2D image demo, it’s actually rendered in a 3D pipeline.
There is still some hard-coded test code, but with more design, and most importantly, using our shader translator.
There won’t be any hand-written shaders anymore.
GPCS4 will recompile all the shaders, untiling all the textures and upload all the buffers every frame, making it less efficient.
Besides, there are still some problems in the game pad emulation.
TLS support is not complete yet, and possibly neither are some other initialization functions.
You should not run pirated games, GPCS4 is made in such a way that game cache-image (GCI) is encrypted with a 256-bit header with .pdix hash which is linked to your PS4 account so dumped images are useless.
To avoid illegal activities and misuse of source code, GPCS4 is made semi open-source.
All components & plugins of this emulator is open source except the core executable.
GPCS4 emulator can now run a few games for Play Station 4 on Mac OS devices, with the system requirements below:
- CPU: x86-64 CPU with AVX/BMI1 and virtualization extensions
- RAM: 8 GB minimim (12 GB recommended)
- OS: OS X – 10.14 (or above)
- Graphics: GPU with software support for Vulkan 1.0+
To run or develop GPCS4, a CPU supporting AVX instruction set as well as a graphics card supporting Vulkan are required.
- Parsing PM4 command buffers and some other formats to recover the original Gnm calls.
- Translate Gnm calls into vulkan calls.
- Translate GCN bytecode into Spir-V bytecode.
- GPCS4 emulator for Mac: gpcs4-latest.dmg
This software is also available on the following devices:
- Download .dmg file
- Click on the file to start installation
- Click on setup icon
- Click Open to proceed with the installation
- Select the destination folder
- Run the application