RPCS4 emulator for Android
RPCS4 is an virtualization-based PS4 Emulator and debugger project written in Java for smartphone compatible with Android OS.
It’s a private project being worked on by one of the original developers of RPCS3 “DH”.
RPCS4 should in particular not be confused with PCSX4.
It uses OpenGL, Vulkan and DirectX 12 as its back-end API renderers and runs most of the PS4 exclusives on high-end machines with some glitches as it is still in beta.
There will be frequent releases which you can grab from the download section.
This is a parallel project to RPCS3, and nobody from the current RPCS3 team is directly involved (in other words, this project does not impact RPCS3 development).
You should not run pirated games, RPCS4 is made in such a way that game cache-image (GCI) is encrypted with a 256-bit header with .pdix hash which is linked to your PS4 account so dumped images are useless.
To avoid illegal activities and misuse of source code, RPCS4 is made semi open-source.
All components & plugins of RPCS4 is open source except the core executable.
PS4 is based on Arm architecture so RPCS4 runs natively on Android systems by taking advantage of OGRE, Vulcan API and RPCS4 hardware-assisted virtualization.
- CPU: octa-core 2.0+ GHz (or higher)
- RAM: 6 GB minimim (8 GB recommended)
- OS: Android 10 (or above)
- Storage: 64 MB free
RPCS4 is optimized to use up to 8 cores of a processor but requires at least 4 core processor with SSE-4.2 and AVX.
An auto updater is included in the build package.
This is currently one of the best bets at a long term PS4 emulator solution.
- RPCS4 emulator for Android: rpcs4-latest.apk
This software is also available on the following devices:
- Open this link on your browser and download BIOS file: https://www.xevod.com/download-category/bios/
- Move the BIOS file (part 1 and part 2) on the following directory in your device: /android/data/com.cobesoft.build22/bios/ (if this folder doesn’t exist please create it)
- Open this link on your browser and download Data file: https://www.xevod.com/download-category/data/
- Move the Data .obb file (part 1 and part 2) on the following directory in your device: /android/data/com.cobesoft.build22/data/
- Launch the app