XBox Series X emulator for Mac OS
XBox Series X emulator is an open source research project for emulating Xbox Series X games on modern PC compatible with Mac OS.
Code and content are covered under a BSD license.
This app is written in C++ and can run XBox Series X and S games on desktop devices.
Built on SDL2, also supports virtually all gamepads.
Connect up to 4 controllers at any time, just like a real Xbox.
Networking is supported out of the box.
Connect to other instances of emulator and even real Xboxes, locally or over the Internet.
Breathe new life into your original Series X games by easily scaling up the resolution that games render at.
Despite this console using the same architecture as PCs, it is not any easier to emulate than other consoles as the architecture used is complex and uses undocumented hardware.
XBox One is not for enabling illegal activity.
The goal of this project is to experiment, research, and educate on the topic of emulation of modern devices and operating systems.
All information is obtained via reverse engineering of legally purchased devices, games, and information made public on the internet.
No games are included in this app and you need to obtain yours in a legal way.
This version doesn’t require any Xbox Series X system files.
- CPU: octa-core 2.0+ GHz
- RAM: 8 GB minimim (12 GB recommended)
- Device: Mac Pro / iMac Pro
- OS: Mac OS X – 10.14 (or higher)
- Storage: 64 MB minimum
It will check for the minimum supported CPU and RAM on startup and error out if one is not detected.
Beta version is now closed; please download the last version on the link below.
- It imitates Mac screen to be an Xbox Series X gaming screen
- Added advanced audio setting
- The resolution is adjusted reckoning on the phone specs
- Internet connection is no more obligatory to play Xbox Series X on PC
- Added external controller support
- Improved RAM management system (only on OS X+)
- XBox Series X emulator for Mac: seriesx-latest.dmg
This software is also available on the following devices:
- Download .dmg file
- Click on the file to start installation
- Click on setup icon
- Click Open to proceed with the installation
- Select the destination folder
- Run the application