PCSX2 emulator for Mac
PCSX2 is a PS2 emulator for Mac OS, a free program that tries to replicate the Play Station 2 console to enable you to play PS2 games on your PC.
Its purpose is to emulate the PS2’s hardware, using a combination of MIPS CPU Interpreters, Recompilers and a Virtual Machine which manages hardware states and PS2 system memory.
- Custom resolutions, up to 4096×4096, Anti Aliasing and Texture filtering to make your old PS2 games look better than their HD remakes
- Unlimited memory cards
- Save states, enabling you to quick save and load practically anywhere in your game
- Easy cheating using our pnach patching system
- Use any controller (PS3,Xbox360 etc) that works on Windows, keyboards and mice
- Increase or decrease the game speed by using the built-in frame-limiter for fast grinding or passing hard spots by slowing them down
- Ability to record in full HD with the built-in video recorder (F12 using the GSdx plugin)
PCSX2 Emulator should only be used to play games you own and have dumped from disc yourself.
To dump your games, you can use a tool such as ImgBurn to create a .iso for the disc, and then copy across it to your device over USB.
This software is not affiliated in any way with Sony Interactive Entertainment.
- CPU: Quad-core 2.0 GHz+
- RAM: 4 GB (6 GB recommended)
- OS: OS X – 10.14 (or higher)
- Storage: 32 MB minimum
Recommended GPU is based on 3x Internal, 1080p resolution requirements.
Higher resolutions will require stronger cards; 6x Internal, 4K resolution will require a PassMark G3D Mark rating around 12000.
Just like CPU requirements, this is also highly game dependent.
- Compatibility improvements: Star Wars Clone Wars, Winter Sports 2008 and RPG Maker 3 improved their status
- Fixed IOP crashes occurring randomly in Shadow Hearts 2
- Improved idle detection functions. Helps performance in many games
- Cover view now appears at application launch
- PS2 emulator for Mac: pcsx2-latest.dmg
This software is also available on the following devices:
- Download .dmg file
- Click on the file to start installation
- Click on setup icon
- Click Open to proceed with the installation
- Select the destination folder
- Run the application