Citra emulator for Mac OS
Citra is a work-in-progress Nintendo 3DS emulator compatible with Mac OS devices (compatible at least with OS X).
Citra can currently emulate, with varying degrees of success, a wide variety of different 3DS homebrew applications and commercial games.
Citra has an active team of open-source developers. Over 150 people have worked hard on the project since its founding.
All Pokémon games now work properly.
Pokémon X/Y now runs properly with HLE audio as well as LLE audio.
Citra can, ostensibly, “play” many different games now and more will become playable as development progress further.
Some games/apps, however, will not load at all – only showing a black screen. Others, might only show the title screen and then freeze or crash.
Citra supports networked local WiFi, but does not support connecting to Nintendo’s servers.
Citra is not affiliated with Nintendo in any way.
- Nintendo 3DS is a trademark of Nintendo Co., Ltd
- Mac OS is a trademark of Apple Inc.
Citra is an open-source project, licensed under the GPLv2 (or any later version).
This app does not natively run dumps of games that have not been decrypted properly (unless you have dumped your own system keys).
This requires a physical 3DS and the game you own.
- CPU: quad-core 2.0 GHz+
- RAM: 6 GB (8 GB recommended)
- OS: OS X – 10.13 (or higher)
- Storage: 32 MB minimum
Citra does NOT support Macs with M1 chipsets.
This Mac builds may run through Rosetta, but you will encounter various issues that we won’t provide support for.
Note that many games also require certain files to be dumped from a 3DS console.
- Compatibility with hundreds of games
- Enhanced graphics, such as resolution scaling and texture filtering (these optional features work best on 10.14+)
- Support for external gamepads
- Support for various built-in features, such as the camera, microphone, and motion controls
- Citra emulator for Mac OS: citra-latest.dmg
This software is also available on the following devices:
- Download .dmg file
- Click on the file to start installation
- Click on setup icon
- Click Open to proceed with the installation
- Select the destination folder
- Run the application